Heart disease continues to be the number one killer of both men and women. But when found early, heart disease can be treated and oftentimes reversed.
What is heart calcium scoring?
Heart calcium scoring is a screening test that can help reveal heart disease in its early stages, even years before you have a symptom. The test is fast, pain free and safe. There are no needles or dyes. It’s similar in many ways to receiving an x-ray. Yet the results can help save your life.
Who can benefit most?
In general, if you are a man over 30 or a woman over 40, or if you have the following risk factors, you should consider having a heart calcium scoring:
¨ High cholesterol levels
¨ Family history of heart disease
¨ High blood pressure
¨ Cigarette smoking
¨ Overweight or obese
¨ Physically inactive
This test is offered to you by most of our local area hospitals. Currently most insurance plans are not covering this screening and that goes for Medicare too. But it is very affordable. The test costs you about $50.00. Some do charge more so don’t be afraid to shop around.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services has advanced directive forms available online. These forms are designed to be completed without the assistance of an attorney. Given your particular circumstances or concerns, however, you may want to seek legal advice from an attorney. The forms available are:
¨ Declaration to Physicians (Wisconsin Living Will)
¨ Power of Attorney for Health Care
¨ Power of Attorney for Finance and Property
¨ Authorization for Final Disposition
These forms, or variations of these forms, may also be available from your attorney, physician or hospital.
Multi-language versions of the Advance Directive and Power of Attorney for Health Care may be obtained by the following source: Aging with Dignity (link is external).
You might want to consider growing your diet in a new way. Seeds! Seeds offer a lot of benefit and are often over looked. This time I am featuring CHIA seeds. Don’t be fooled by the size… these tiny seeds pack a powerful nutritional punch.
To Ten List for CHIA seeds!
- Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories.
- Chia Seeds Are Loaded With Antioxidants
- Almost All The Carbs in Them Are Fiber
- Chia Seeds Are High in Quality Protein
- Due to The High Fiber and Protein Content, Chia Seeds Should be Able to Help You Lose Weight
- Chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Chia Seeds May Improve Certain Blood Markers, Which Should Lower The Risk of Heart Disease and Type 2 Diabetes
- They Are High in Many Important Bone Nutrients
- Chia Seeds Can Cause Major Improvements inType 2 Diabetics
- Chia Seeds Can Improve Exercise Performance as Much as a Sports Drink
A 1 ounce (28 grams) serving of chia seeds contains:
* Fiber: 11 grams.
* Protein: 4 grams.
* Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s).
* Calcium: 18% of the RDA.
* Manganese: 30% of the RDA.
* Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
* Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA.
They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2.
read more about it: https://authoritynutrition.com/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds/