Healthcare distortion can involve a host of medical and legal complications. At best, these issues may affect you financially; at worst, they could mean the difference between life and death. Whether you go to the hospital for a routine procedure or for an emergency, there are steps you can take to help avoid complications.
- Is your Medical POA or Advanced Medical Directive (“Living Will”) up to date?
- Make sure your name and all other personal information is completely accurate at each doctor’s appointment, outpatient surgery, and/or hospitalization.
- Have you read and do you understand your health insurance coverage?
- Are you saving documents and bills you receive regarding your health care?
- Does your personal representative have current copies of your directives and documents?
Educational event at Woodhead Insurance July 18th at 10am — come learn more RSVP